Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Faith?

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." - Hebrews 11:6

It is not enough to believe that Adonai exists. A god's simple existence doesn't help me in any way and I doubt it that Adonai has anything to gain from my mere belief in His existence. 
If I go a bit further and I profess to believe that Adonai is exactly as The Scriptures say He is but I fail to believe that He is that way for me, my faith means nothing. How does it benefit me  to have a God that has eyes but cannot see me? What use is it to have a God that has a mouth but says nothing to me? Does it help me in any way to know that He's a father if He doesn't know my name? What use is it to me a God that has ears but fails to hear me crying? What use is it to me a God that has a heart if I have no room in it? What use is it to me His mere existence if I seek Him but cannot find Him?
If I profess to have faith, then I must believe not only in His existence but also that HE REWARDS THOSE WHO SEEK HIM. Believing in His mere existence means nothing.
It isn't hard to believe that He exists even if you can't see Him... what is really hard to believe is that from 7 billion people that cry out to Him or against Him, He recognizes your voice and that sound moves Him so much so that He answers you right away regardless of how long it would take for His answer to reach you.
If I believe that He only exists I reduce Him to the same status as an idol. "They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat." (Tehillim/ Psalms 115:5-7)
Adonai is alive! His ears are not just accessories. He can hear my voice whether I call out to Him or if I just whisper His Name and before I even finish what I have to say He already sends me help! If He created whales that can hear sounds from Hawaii to Japan, then I know for sure His ears can hear my voice even if the sound of my prayers would have to travel through a billion worlds and spaces to reach Him.
If He created sharks that can sense the smell of blood from more than a mile away, then I know for a fact that He whom is closer to me than my own skin, can sense when I suffer or I am in pain. I have to give Him at least the same amount of credit I would give one of His creatures.
Adonai's hands are not the hands of a statue. His hands have formed me in my mother's womb, His hands cover me as a shield, His hands sustain me, touch me and help me!
His feet ... His feet are ready to run from one end of the heavens to the other just to find me. His feet walk before me on this road that I couldn't have followed otherwise.
Everything He is, He is for me! Everything He does is for my sake! He locked me away in His heart and threw away the key!
My faith doesn't consist of me believing in His existence, because even demons believe, but my faith consists in believing that He rewards me for seeking His Face!

Bat Melech בת מלך
 Cristina כריסטינה

No comments:

Post a Comment