Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Framed

“My dear children, you belong to God and have defeated them; because God's Spirit, who is in you, is greater than the devil, who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4 

 In Charles Dickens’s book, “Nicholas Nickleby”, the author describes a phrase scribbled on the walls of a boarding school “Fear him who formed thy frame”. I had these words in my mind all day. Who created my frame/my limits? Who told me how much I can do and how far I can go? When Adonai created everything there is, He framed it all in certain patterns. For example, the bear was created a bear and it knew from the beginning, what it’s supposed to eat and what not, where it can live and where it can’t. A bear doesn’t sit around pondering “Am I everything that I can be?” A bear understands that it is everything that it must be and it doesn’t have higher goals than being a bear. This is its frame/ its limit. Same is applicable to everything else that was created. All things have their own characteristics and limitations and they don’t “feel” the need to achieve nor become something else. Why then isn’t man the same as everything else that was created? Why can’t I just accept my limits? Why can’t I simply understand that perhaps this is all that was allowed for me to know? Why do I always feel the need to know more? Why can’t I just be satisfied with what I am? Why do I seek to grow more, to dream more, to question more? Why do I always ask myself whether I am everything that I can be? Why is someone who is born in a less privileged part of the society unable to accept their level and always aims to do better, to be more? Why is man always so desperate to break his limits and as such attempts to break record after record only to shout from the top of his lungs “I can do more!”? I never saw a horse wishing to be a leopard and train in becoming a good hunter to reach its goal. Its frame was to be a horse. But me…I can’t accept my frame! Tell me that I can’t do it and I’ll prove to you I’ll find a way to make it happen. Tell me it’s not for me and I’ll do the impossible to make it mine. Tell me I’m not enough and I’ll stretch, I’ll reinvent, redefine myself all to become more than enough. Is it out of rebellion? Who created my frame? Who am I rebelling against? I had these questions in me all day and in the end I got it that Adonai created us limitless, as He is. But the enemy came, bound our eyes and told us we are naked and weak, that we can’t, and that we are but dust. He created our frame and we carry it inside ourselves. And as if this would not be bad enough he also scribbled on the walls of our minds “fear him who formed thy frame”. Adonai comes and tells us “don’t believe what you see, believe that you can. I created you in My own image! Believe in Me!”, but I’m sitting there helpless in my frame, shaking out of fear of the one who framed me. What my enemy doesn’t know though, is that there isn’t a frame strong enough to hold me. Adonai created me limitless enough so that only His heart could contain me. And no matter what frame satan would try to put me in, it can’t contain the image of The Living One living in me. That’s why I am not afraid of the one who framed me, because I see in his frame nothing else but another opportunity for the One within me to smash it to pieces. Bat Melech בת מלך Cristina כריסטינה Translated by Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment