Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Friday, October 12, 2012

Behold your God!

Get you up to a high mountain, O Zion, herald of good news; lift up your voice with strength, O Jerusalem, herald of good news; lift it up, fear not; say to the cities of Judah, "Behold your God!" - Yeshayahu / Isaiah 40:9

Rabbonim (the rabbis) say that there is a passuk (Bible verse) in the Kitvey HaKodesh (Holy Scriptures) for every man that ever existed, that exists and will exist. I believe that this verse in Yeshayahu 40 is my verse, because I hope with all my heart to undo the wrong that Pilate did.
Many years ago when I was reading about Yeshua's trial I reached the part that spoke about how Pilate dressed Yeshua with a purple robe and placed a crown of thorns of His head and took Him before The Jews and declared in a loud voice 'behold the man!' (John 19:5). That's the image that was stuck in the Jewish mind ever since. The vulnerable man, pushed and beaten by the Romans, suffering, bleeding and utterly helpless. A goy (non-Jew) took my Lord before His people and yelled 'behold the man!' I think that from where Pilate stood that's all he could see: a simple man, so he declared only what he saw. Pilate brought God down to the same level as his.
You can only declare what you see Him from where you stand. If you look at Him through your humanity then all you can see is what Pilate saw and you declare the same 'behold the man!' But if you are born from Adonai  you can't help but see that Yeshua is Ha Elohim shel Tzion (The God of Zion) and then all you can do is declare with everything you have 'HINEH HA ELOHEICHEM!' (Behold your God!)
In order to see more than His humanity you have to stand on the highest mountain which is Adonai and you must climb that mountain not thinking that you want to be high but in order to have the best acoustic to tell all Tzion the good news!
I do not know where Pilate was standing but I know he wasn't standing on Adonai when he introduced Yeshua to the Jews. You see the Jews are unlike any other nation on earth... you do not convince them with words alone and you do not disguise Yeshua in a beautiful blond man with blue eyes that walks around always smiling and hugging everyone and then go about and declare 'behold you God!' and when they reject him you accuse them of blindness. One goy declaring 'behold the man!' was enough, there is no need for others.
Jews know their God. They will recognize Him when they will see Yeshua, the Jew, their Mashiach, but until then all I can do is declare as loud as I can "Hineh ha Eloheichem!'


Bat Melech בת מלך
 Cristina כריסטינה

No comments:

Post a Comment