Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Barefoot

But David went up the ascent of the Mount of Olives, weeping as he went, barefoot and with his head covered. And all the people who were with him covered their heads, and they went up, weeping as they went. - 2 Samuel 15:30

David was on the run because of his son, Absalom. He was broken, humiliated, defeated, disappointed, cheated and deserted by everyone. He was walking up the mountain crying, barefoot and with his head covered. As one that had lost everything. As someone that never had anything.
In Judaism, the only time one takes his shoes off (except in one's home) is when they acknowledge Adonai's presence in that place.
What a weird time to take your shoes off and acknowledge Adonai's presence on a road you take to escape... to acknowledge Adonai in disappointment and tears and uncertainty.
Those walking up the mountain together with David felt almost the same pain as he did. They also walked crying and had their heads covered, but the only one that was barefoot, was David... as if through the tears he was the only one able to see that Adonai was in control, present, Almighty and ready to become a way under his feet.
To acknowledge God in your walk you must also be ready to cover your head in shame and not just to cry your tears but to take your shoes off and hurt your feet on a way you know it's right.
I want to honor Him in my walk. More than I wish to be shielded from pain and tears, more than I wish not to be put to shame, even more than I wish to love and be loved, I wish to acknowledge Him in all my ways no matter how my feet hurt because He is worthy. He hurt more than just His feet to come and find me... I will not cry about how my feet hurt to follow Him because it's not like He's somewhere far away looking at me walking, but He's right in front of me hurting His feet just like me and He does it just so that He can bring me back to The Father. This painful road is not because He had to punish me for running away, but because it's the way I used when I left Him and it's The Way... The only Way back.

Bat Melech בת מלך
 Cristina כריסטינה


No comments:

Post a Comment