Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Sunday, June 20, 2010

How many prayers do I need to pray?

So Ach'av went up to eat and to drink. Eliyah went up to the top of Karmel; and he bowed himself down on the eretz, and put his face between his knees. He said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. He went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. He said, Go again seven times. It happened at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there arises a cloud out of the sea, as small as a man's hand. He said, Go up, tell Ach'av, Make ready [your chariot], and get you down, that the rain not stop you. - Melachim Alef/ 1 Kings 18:42-44

Rabbi Nachman of Uman, use to say that you don't receive the things you want for only two reasons, either you haven't prayed, either you haven't prayed enough.
Elyahu (Elijah) went to pray before Adonai for rain. There was a drought in the land for 3 years now, so he goes up to mount Karmel, sits down with his face between his knees and starts praying. He prays once...nothing. He prays again. It was starting to be a bit awkward for his servant to come back every time and tell him 'there is nothing'. But Elyahu's heart was set to pray as many times as he needed until he got an answer.
Maybe I need to pray my soul out 7 times until I get an answer, and maybe I need to pray my soul out once, or maybe I need to do it for years, but I need to pray as many times as I need to until I get my answer.
It's not easy to get off your knees and hear 'there's nothing' and maybe you get this answer years in a row, but be sure that one day the answer will be 'Behold, there arises a cloud out of the sea, as small as a man's hand'. When you receive that answer don't stay there and wait for the whole sky to get cloudy, because all it takes is a small cloud to believe for a storm!
Elyahu sends his servant to tell Ach'av to go so that the rain won't stop him. He had a small cloud on the sky and he was so sure that that little cloud will bring a heavy rain that send his servant to tell the king to run so that the rain won't stop him! Can you imagine Ach'av's face? Probably thought Elyahu was insane. But all it took was a little cloud, not bigger than a man's hand, for Elyahu to believe for the storm. But to have that kind of faith you need to know the One you pray to, You need to know that what He starts, He will finish. You need to know His heart in order to believe that a little cloud is not just a cloud. In Adonai's world, nothing is what it seems to be.

Bat Melech בת מלך
Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment