Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Thursday, May 11, 2017

To give or not to give



I like animated movies. I think I’ve seen most of them out there and as soon as one comes out I am there to see it. Some think that’s rather unbecoming for a woman of 35 years of age, but if I haven’t stressed it enough in my articles, I’ll say it again, I have no excuse, I am just weird. 

Anyway, like I said I like animated movies and my favorite one, because of course I have a favorite, is Kung Fu Panda. For some reason I see myself in that fat panda more than I can say. I can quote it better than The Bible which is nothing to brag about, but there you have it. 

I was watching the 3rd one for maybe the 5th time a few days ago and there is a quote in there that I really love. To get the whole idea, the master decided to let the panda teach kung fu, but the panda is really bad at it and does a lousy job. The master comes to ask him how it went and the panda says “I don’t know why you ever thought I could teach that class!” The master replies “Oh, I knew you couldn’t.” The panda is shocked and says “What?! You set me up to fail? Why?” and the master replies: “If you only do what you can, you will never be more than you are now.”

For some reason it made me think of the widow’s offering in Mark 12. Do not ask me why I connected the two because I have no explanation for the way my twisted mind works. 

“And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.” – Mark 12:41-44

I know people like to use this passage especially before offerings in Church, but I don’t think it’s about the money, I think it’s the principle of giving. Whether that is money, or patience, or grace, or empathy, or help, etc. It’s about the giving. Giving from something you can’t afford because you don’t have much of it for yourself. 

I am not a patient person, nor extremely kind. I am poor in those areas. I have barely enough to live on. On the other hand I know people that have such a generous nature that to me they’re up there with Mother Theresa . I know people that have the most patient nature and when I am next to them I seem like the Tasmanian devil (the cartoon). They have been blessed with a lot. I have barely enough to survive and in order to have those attributes I have to work really hard on my character. If I exhibit patience in a situation it’s because I am choosing to give my last two coins. If I speak without using sarcasm even though I am faced with ridiculous arguments, that’s me giving my last 2 coins. For some people it could be peacefulness, humility, love, selflessness, etc. We all have areas where we are poor, but that’s alright. Because if you chose to give what you yourself need to survive on, in Adonai’s world you gave more than those who have it in abundance. What matters is to give. To go beyond what you can do, because like the quote I used said: “If you only do what you can, you will never be more than you are now.”

Just a thought…

Bat Melech בת מלך
 Cristina כריסטינה


No comments:

Post a Comment