Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Monday, December 12, 2016

You and I

By STANLEY MOSS 


You are HaShem, and I am a wanderer. Who should have mercy 
on a wanderer if not HaShem? 
 
You create and I decay. Who should have mercy 
on the decayed if not the Creator?
 
 You are the Judge and I the guilty. Who should have mercy
on the guilty if not the Judge?
 
 You are All and I am a particle. Who should have mercy
on a particle if not the All? 

You are the Living One and I am dead. Who should have mercy 
on the dead if not the Living One?
 
 You are the Painter and Potter and I am clay. Who should have mercy 
on clay if not the Painter and Potter? 
 
You are the Fire and I am straw Who should have mercy 
on straw if not the Fire? 
 
You are the Listener and I am the reader. Who should have mercy
on the reader if not the Listener? 
 
You are the Beginning and I am what follows. Who should have mercy
 on what follows if not the Beginning?
 
 You are the End and I am what follows. Who should have mercy
on what follows if not the End?

Notes:
(after an anonymous 13th-century Hebrew poem) 
 Stanley Moss, “You and I” from A History of Color: New and Collected Poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment