Pages

The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Prayer



Skeletons of past dreams stare me in the face.
I stare right back, my fears to chase,
Their mocking eyes are my disgrace
But I still know my place.

For I was born not once but twice,
My fate is not decided by some dice,
Regardless of how doubts my heart entice:
The King has looked me in the heart and paid the price.

You’re silent Adonai. My mocker’s loud
‘Where is your God?’, he taunts me proud
And I am mute, my head is bowed
Trying to remember everything I’ve vowed.

A coward under a sky made of steel
From thin air forgotten promises I unseal
Only to not lose hope or kneel
To smoke and mirrors that claim to be real.

Hear me HaShem, my faith is frail,
My prayers falter and my water’s stale,
I’m under siege, don’t let my enemy prevail,
Don’t let me fail You now… don’t let me fail…

If You but listen maybe I’ll walk a little further this time
And I won’t stop to make my non-sense rhyme.
If You but reach out, I know I’ll make the climb,
And tear down my regrets’ shrine.



Bat Melech בת מלך
 Cristina כריסטינה





No comments:

Post a Comment