The articles in this blog represent my own belief, thoughts and walk with Adonai and the things He teaches me. Do not copy or publish any of my articles without my permission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Bat Melech בת מלך

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Israel and I

I've spent almost my entire life dreaming of Israel. Not because it's the most beautiful country in the world, maybe other countries have more beautiful landscapes. Not because it's the most prosperous place in the world, because it's not part of the richest countries in the world. Not because they are the greatest power in the world because it's one of the smallest country in the world. Not because people are so welcoming because I don't know any other nation in the world as closed to strangers as the Jews. Not for their faith in Adonai because many of them assimilated with goyim. Not for their humility because I don't know another nation as stuborn as the Jewish nation. I love Israel because it's like me in every respect.
I remember that I heard this old preacher talking a very long time ago from Devarim/ Deuteronomy 7:6-8 'For you are a holy people to the LORD your God: the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, above all peoples who are on the face of the eretz (earth). The LORD didn't set his love on you, nor choose you, because you were more in number than any people; for you were the fewest of all peoples: but because the LORD loves you, and because he would keep the oath which he swore to your fathers, has the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, from the hand of Par`oh king of Mitzrayim. (Egypt).
I was just a kid when I heard those words. The old man said 'God didn't chose Israel for anything that Israel had or could have had, but God loved Israel because it was Israel'.
I don't know what happened in my soul, I don't know how but I began thinking that no matter what Israel could have done wouldn't make Adonai love them more or less, maybe upset or happy, but it wouldn't affect His love in any way. That's how I wanted Adonai to love me - that's why I tied my heart to them forever. No matter what I did from then on whether it was good or bad, I told myself that if He forgave them, He can forgive me as well. That if He can make such a strong Brit (covenant) that would last forever and keep it, then He would keep His Brit towards me as well.
But things didn't stay that way... I grew up and heard other preachers talking about the unforgiveble sin that Israel commited, that they crucified Yeshua and Adonai couldn't forgive that, that He broke His Brit with them and made a new Brit with goyim just to stir up their jealousy. I was about 17 when I heard this man speaking from the pulpit how he went in a different Church and he asked the pastor there what he should talk about. The pastor answered him that if he wants to rebuke the congregation to speak against the Jews because that way no one will take it personally.
I stood there thinking that if they are right and Adonai left them then He left me as well, that if He broke His Brit with them they He broke His Brit with me. If He abandoned them why wouldn't He abandon me? If His Brit made with a whole nation wasn't strong enough what guarantee do I have that His Covenant with me won't break? My answer was 'if He left them then He left me, and I don't want such a frail God. If The God of Israel left Israel because Israel failed Him, then how is that love any different than a man's love? Is one doesn't feel he's loved then he goes and finds someone else... but that is such an imperfect love...a God that loves like an imperfect human...I don't need such a God'.

After walking from bad to worse, I heard it on the radio...someone was reading from Yeshayahu 49:14-16...'But Tziyon said, the LORD has forsaken me, and the Lord has forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yes, these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.'
I understood that Adonai never abandoned Israel, that He loved them so much that He engraved them on His hands. I returned to the God of Israel, a God that loved Israel for nothing that Israel had, but because He couldn't stop from loving them. I understood that He loves me just as I am (and He knows I am not much) because He can't stop loving me.
Today I know that nothing can separate me from Yeshua's love, not death, not persecution, not rejection, not hate, not love, nothing on earth or in heaven, that I am His forever, just like Israel.

Bat Melech בת מלך
Cristina

5 comments:

  1. El Elohe Israel. What an Amazing God! I know they're small but because of Him, what a nation!
    For thousands of years people told them "Your God abandoned you" and not just that but things happen to them all the time to support that theory...and still for thousands of years no matter where they ended up- the same way their God never gave up on them, Israel never gave up on their God. To me this is the greatest love story. Oh, I know there are many amongst them who don't believe anymore, but I can't help but ask for how long would Christianity have lasted to walk in Jewish shoes for a century?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm a christian girl ; Lory is my name and , if it is a fair , I want to ask you two questions . The first is :
    1. Why do you think that english people would be interested about the God of Israel?
    And the second is :
    2. How could you make them love Him?
    Thanks for your answer .

    Lory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Lory, good to have you on my page.
    Why do I think that English people would be interested in The God of Israel? Let's see... Due to the fact that I've lost my hope in a Christianity that actually reads their Bible, I'll have to say that I don't think that English people would ever be interested in The God of Israel because they simply don't see God in a close connection with Israel, they like to imagine a God that use to have this 'thing' for the Jews, but that's down the drain, so now Israel is nothing, so it's not that they are not interested in God...or a god... but not a God that is connected with Israel...I think it has to do with the fact that they would feel less special, which is dumb if u ask me.

    How could you make them love Him? Can you make someone love something against their will? Adonai doesn't beg to be loved, He said 'if you seek me with all your heart, you will find me' ...I don't think you can make anyone love Him. Paul said he would rather be anathema (separated from Christ) just to see his own people follow Him, but he couldn't do that. People have to seek in order to find and they have to knock in order to have an open door. Love requires knowledge of someone, and if they don't read their Bible to know this God, how will they love Him? They love the fuzzy feeling they get while singing a song and they cry their eyes out saying they search for His presence, but there is no shortcut to knowing Him...you just take the time to know Him and you know Him gradually, not just in a moment when you fell who knows what anointing or fell on the ground but got up from there the same way as u were b4 falling.
    I'm sorry Lory, if I don't have a more 'flower power' answer for you, but this is the way I see things and no one has to agree, I'm just telling you my opinion.
    Many blessings
    Shalom

    ReplyDelete